Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Odds and Ends


* I blame America's/Australia's/Britain's Next Top Model for this.

* Yesterday Kuljinder brought a huge amount of food to school from a family celebration and I took home enough to start a Punjabi restaurant of my own. Boy did we eat well as a family and there was still enough for my lunch today. Breathing fire all afternoon: not a bad thing for a teacher, though.

* I met with one of the church's central committees last week. My love/hate relationship with the church continues. That phrase which includes the words "piss-up" and "brewery" springs to mind.

* "Sir, right: was Jesus religious then?"

OH. MY. GOD!

* I have been doing work experience visits this week, driving around parts of Leeds I don't know with a streetmap in my lap, screaming and tearing my hair out.

"But apart from that, how was the journey?"

* Ring, ring: "Hello its your friend with alcohol calling. I'm on my way round. I hate the church"

"I may not be the best person to discuss that with right now but, hey, let's drink the wine anyway!"

* "Sir, Sir, If you're a priest, right, do you go to church?"

"No, in my religion I drink the blood of fifteen year olds who ask me really stupid questions."

"Honest?"

"Just step a little closer."

* "Dad, can I....."

"No."

* Sigh