Sunday, October 18, 2009

Don't blame me, blame Barry....


A Brit, a Frenchman and a Russian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden.

"Look at their reserve, their calm," muses the Brit. "They must be British."

"Nonsense," the Frenchman disagrees. "They're naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French."

"No clothes, no shelter," the Russian points out, "they have only an apple to eat, and they're being told this is paradise. Clearly, they are Russian."

-----------------------------------------------------

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God,
"Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this
beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, but
I'm just not happy."

"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.

"Lord, I'm lonely. And, I'm sick to death of apples!"

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall
create a man for you."

"What's a 'man', Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with aggressive
tendencies, an enormous ego, and an inability to
empathize or listen to you. All in all, he'll give you a
hard time. But, he'll be bigger and faster and more
muscular than you. He'll be extremely gifted at fighting
and hunting fleet-footed ruminants, and not all that bad
'in the sack' if you know what I'm saying."

"That sounds wonderful," says Eve, with curiosity.

"Yes, well, he's better than a poke in the eye with a
burnt stick... Eve, you can have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?"

"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."