Friday, October 9, 2009

Odds and Ends



I had a fabulous afternoon at Bradford college with the student teacher cohort. I delivered the first of my sessions on assertive classroom management to all 150 of them and it was very well received indeed. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive and loads of students stayed back to talk to me and to tell me how much they had enjoyed the session.

I really appreciated that affirmation: some recent events have rather knocked my confidence and my sense of self-worth so to have that many people enthusing over something I had done was rather special.

I have managed to put my back out again - leaning into the wardrobe to get out a shirt. I speculated to a colleague that this might be God's way of telling me to be a naturist.

She thought not.

Barry sent me a couple of jokes to keep me cheerful: How many charismatics does it take to change a light bulb............ ten: one to change the bulb and nine to pray against the spirit of darkness.

How many liberals does it take to change a light bulb..........At least ten, as they need to hold a debate on whether or not the light bulb exists. Even if they can agree on the existence of the light bulb, they still might not change it, to keep from alienating those who might use other forms of light.

I haven't seen him for weeks but he keeps 'em coming!

President Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize. That must so piss off Republicans. If my back would allow I might do a little jig of celebration.