Sunday, December 20, 2009

I stay because I love God: The Guardian 19th December


I came across This article yesterday. It pertains particularly to Anglicanism but has wider resonances for other denominations.

With some leading Anglicans calling for gay people to be killed (and the Archbishop staying quiet), we visited one congregation to see if they're still proud to be CofE


I don't care if they disapprove. I follow my own conscience The Anglican Church is not my moral compass.


It comes to this: under Williams, the church that marries two women who love each other is to be thrown out of the Anglican communion. The church that would jail them both for life and revile and persecute their defenders stays snugly in its bosom. Not even the Archbishop's gift for obfuscationcan can conceal these facts forever.