Monday, June 14, 2010

Tis the time for .... ordinations


Please pray for my friends Cathy, Shan, Danny, Mike, John, Ellie, Ann, Barry, Annie, Vicky, Sue, Karen, Ian, Wayne and Harry who graduate from the Yorkshire Ministry Course this week and who will be ordained Deacon in the coming weeks.

Please also pray for Hilda, Richard (Dr. Bob), Stuart, Daphne and Mike who will be Priested in the coming weeks and for Jack who graduated last year and is waiting on the Lord.

A prayer for Ordination:

May God sustain you in celebrating the Sacraments;
in proclaiming the Gospel and in consecrating your life to God
for the good of the people entrusted to your care.


Amen

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into God's presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God! It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
(Psalm 100)


A Prayer for those who wait:

As I awoke this morning, I thought about the passing of time and of stepping out in faith. How long do I wait for a breakthrough, during the down times and the quiet times when I feel so alone? As I read, "my grace is sufficient for you," again I find strength in your word to wait on you.

Oh, God, I trust that you, who has begun the good work in me, are faithful to complete it. Today does not look any different than yesterday. My circumstances have not changed. But slowly and surely your Word is taking root in my heart and in it I have confident rest. I know my change will come. I am willing to wait on your perfect timing and your decision which is right.
Thank you for weighing it all out and giving me all and only as much as I can bear. Thank you for the courage to wait and patiently trust that my Father knows what is best for me.

Amen.